Finding what you are passionate about in life isn’t always easy. What you are passionate about should excite you and give you a reason to get up in the morning and give you the motivation to make the most of each day. The hardest part can be finding what excites you the most. Figuring out that niche. You may get excited about a lot of things or maybe nothing at all. Here are some tips on how to tap into your inner soul and find that passion that does exist.
- Pay attention to your feelings and what gets you excited. In order to find out what you are passionate about you must discover what you love. Let your emotions come alive. How can you ever know what you love if you shut off or ignore feelings of joy, excitement, and happiness.
- Appreciate your uniqueness. What sets you apart and makes you…YOU? Take time to get to know yourself. Spend some time alone or go on a retreat to clear your mind of stress or negative energy. Create some goals. Make a list of what excites you. What drives you to accomplish the goals you have made? Hopefully pride and happiness play a role in why you want to do something.
- Keep a journal. Write all your thoughts and experiences down. Do you see any patterns on what excites you or motivates you. When are you the most happy?
- Don’t live on autopilot. It is so easy to go through each day being alive and just going through the same motions over and over. Are you truly living and experiencing the most out of each day? Try not to get caught up in just what needs to be done, but also make the time for yourself to do what you like. Don’t be afraid of change. It’s the only constant in life.
Deep breathing can help release tension, stress, anxiety, nervousness and even toxins out of the body. It clears negative thoughts or bad feelings. It also is beneficial for overall health. It increases oxygen supply to the blood that gives you more energy throughout the day. Essential oils can help you relax during the breathing exercise. A few essential oils that can be beneficial during meditation or deep breathing are: Frankincense, Lavender, or Eucalyptus. It opens up the senses and enhances the breathing experience.
Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Picture yourself sitting on the beach. You can hear the peaceful waves and feel the sand beneath your toes. Imagine a vibrant blue sky with a few full white clouds. The sun is shining and you can feel the warmth of it on your skin. Inhale the fresh air and exhale all negative unwanted energies. Here is how to start the breathing. Go through a few cycles of the below.
- Inhale through your nose and count to 5, expand your stomach and fill your chest.
- Hold it for 3 seconds
- Exhale for five seconds
I hope this helps getting you on the right path to a healthy and happy lifestyle. Do this in the morning before you start your day and at the end of the day before you go to bed. In the morning, it will give you more energy and get you setup for a positive mindset throughout the day. At night, it is important to let go of any stress that has built up throughout the day. Let go of all negative energy before you go to sleep.
This is your life. What makes you happy? Today focus on one goal that you want to accomplish to living a happier lifestyle. It might be getting organized, trying a new recipe, having time to yourself to meditate or journal. Today is a new day live it to the fullest. Try that new workout or class that you have been wanting to try! You can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it.